Erie and Niagara Insurance has been serving the insurance needs of families and businesses in New York State for more than 140 years.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including platinum health and dental plans, profit sharing, 401k with a company match, paid time off, pension, flexible schedules and more!
Qualified candidates may submit their confidential resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Human Resources.
Interested in joining our team? Explore the opportunities below:
Central NY Marketing Representative
Erie and Niagara is seeking an experienced Marketing Representative to handle our Central New York Territory. This position will report to our company headquarters in Western New York.
The Marketing Representative will work with our existing agents and seek new agent partners to grow Erie and Niagara’s market presence in the Central New York territory. Some of the major responsibilities will include:
- Agency management and territorial development
- Perform professional sales calls to maximize growth opportunities
- Develop territorial plan to include action steps needed to accomplish the established premium budget
- Develop and execute a Call Activity Plan, focusing on agents with the highest potential
- Identify, appoint and develop new agents in targeted territories
- Review agent results periodically and implement plans for improvement as needed
- Train and educate agency partners on our products and services, including our Agent Portal platform
- Stay abreast of competitor actions related to product and pricing, recommending changes when appropriate
- Act as liaison between the company and agents / producers
- Communicate important information to company staff utilizing format established by VP of Marketing
- Conduct periodic field underwriting inspections
- Perform other related duties as required
- Four year Business/Marketing Degree with at least 4 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated strong organizational, customer service, written and verbal communication skills are required
- Demonstrated strong presentation skills a must
- Sales driven with a high energy level
- General insurance knowledge with experience in personal and commercial lines
- Insurance professional designation preferred (CPCU, CIC and/or CRM)
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook
- Experience with social media communications including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn preferred
- Must maintain a good driving record and have a valid and current Driver’s License
- Ability to travel, as required
Erie and Niagara Insurance Association is seeking a full time Property/Casualty Underwriter. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, evaluating risks, determining the appropriate levels and terms of accepting risks, preparing policies for issuance, review policy endorsements, cancellations, renewals and promoting agent relationships. This is a great opportunity to join an established WNY company.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years property/casualty coverage experience required
- Demonstrated product knowledge
- Proficient in computer skills, including Microsoft Office products
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Work within a highly-automated environment
Erie and Niagara Insurance Association is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.