Erie and Niagara Insurance has been serving the insurance needs of families and businesses in New York State for more than 140 years.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including platinum health and dental plans, profit sharing, 401k with a company match, paid time off, pension, flexible schedules and more!
Qualified candidates may submit their confidential resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Human Resources.
Interested in joining our team? Explore the opportunities below:
Database Developer - Williamsville, NY
Erie and Niagara Insurance Association is seeking a full time Database Developer. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing technical expertise in the design, implementation, monitoring, analysis and maintenance of the database, reporting and application systems which support the various business needs. All work is performed in a normal office environment.
- Develop comprehensive reporting environment utilizing data from multiple sources and creating user reports and management graphical reporting interfaces using Microsoft SQL Server architecture
- Analyze source applications, determine data availability, work with users to develop report requirements, build data stores if necessary, and support reporting environment
- Monitor, diagnose and optimize databases
- Responsible for the design, development, testing, and documentation of reporting programs
- Responsible for executing and automating existing reports to support day to day requests
- Responsible for various outside reporting and filings as needed
- Responsible for reviewing and updating reports to conform to the Business Analytics & Reporting team development standards
- Will assist in developing and maintaining a .Net Architecture using VB.net and XML
- Responsible for developing, updating and maintaining the policy management system
- Performs routine programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures
- Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment and/or systems
- Performs other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or minimum five years’ experience
- Proven experience with Relational Databases
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience of data warehousing, report development and data analysis
- At least 3-5 years of experience using Microsoft SQL Server architecture, BI (Analysis Services, Reporting Services, Integration Services,) performance monitoring and tuning tools at or above SQL Server 2014.
- Understanding of Web Services
- Strong SQL and Advanced Stored Procedure skills
- Experience in dimensional modeling, logical and physical data model design, database tuning/optimization, design and development of ETL processes, tool architecture design and deployment strategy
- Must have demonstrated an ability to quickly master new technologies
- Must have excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills
- Ability to set and meet deadlines as necessary
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
Erie and Niagara Insurance Association is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.