Erie and Niagara Insurance has been serving the insurance needs of families and businesses in New York State for more than 140 years.
We offer a competitive benefits package, including platinum health and dental plans, profit sharing, 401k with a company match, paid time off, pension, flexible schedules and more!
Qualified candidates may submit their confidential resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Human Resources.
Interested in joining our team? Explore the opportunities below:
Inside Property Claims Adjuster
Erie and Niagara is seeking an Inside Property Claims Adjuster. This is a great opportunity to join an established WNY company.
Responsible for analyzing information obtained in order to evaluate claims, determine coverage, evaluate extent of loss or liability, and settle claims within prescribed limits. Works under general supervision and is required to exercise independent judgment within a defined scope of authority.
- Evaluate claimant eligibility; utilize resources effectively including medical, legal and/or outside vendors to achieve optimum outcomes for claims direction
- Responsible for establishing and monitoring adequate reserves within scope of authority
- Determine settlement value of the loss and negotiate proper settlement of claims within scope of authority
- Assist in providing guidance to staff for prompt settlement and disposition of claims
- Responsible for preparation of denial materials including documentation and communication to affected parties when applicable. Responsible for setting up claims including taking loss reports, establishing a claim file, obtaining policy information and input into computer systems
- Document clearly and concisely all relevant activity on assigned files and make recommendations for additional activity as appropriate
- Effectively communicates and builds rapport with insureds, claimants, physicians, adjusters, attorneys, witnesses and underwriters, to gather the information to make timely and appropriate decisions on claims
- Seeks subrogation from responsible parties when applicable
- Responsible for auditing and approving claims related expenses as it relates to assigned claims within level of authority and elevates claim expenses outside authority level to the Claim Manager
- May assist in the training of departmental employees
- Provides claims related support to Underwriting Departments
- May be required to testify in court proceedings, as requested
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Claims Manager
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5 years of claims related experience is required
- AIC designation, or other equivalent industry designation is required
- Possess knowledge and understanding of coverage and applicable decisional and legislative laws related to claims handling in New York State
- Proficient Computer Skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook applications
- Must work well both independently and in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented; maintaining high level of accuracy
- Exercises good judgment when corresponding with agents, insureds and claimants
- Ability to maintain confidential information
Erie and Niagara Insurance Association is seeking a full time Property/Casualty Underwriter. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, evaluating risks, determining the appropriate levels and terms of accepting risks, preparing policies for issuance, review policy endorsements, cancellations, renewals and promoting agent relationships. This is a great opportunity to join an established WNY company.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years property/casualty coverage experience required
- Demonstrated product knowledge
- Proficient in computer skills, including Microsoft Office products
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Work within a highly-automated environment
Erie and Niagara Insurance Association is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.