Erie and Niagara Insurance has been serving the insurance needs of families and businesses in New York State for more than 135 years.
Interested in joining our team? Explore the opportunities below:
Erie and Niagara Insurance Association is seeking a full time Underwriting Assistant. This is a great opportunity to join an established WNY company with opportunities for advancement. We offer a competitive benefits package, including, health and dental insurance, 401k, PTO, flexible schedule, pension, and more!
- Handling incoming calls from agents
- Process policy quotations
- Prepares written communications
- Review and approve policy endorsement requests
- Review policy renewals
- Associate's degree preferred
- Two years of customer service experience
- Demonstrated ability to use sound sound judgment and make decisions within guidelines
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a "paper-less" environment
Underwriter (Commercial Property/Casualty)
Erie and Niagara Insurance Association is seeking a full time Commercial Property/Casualty Underwriter. This is a great opportunity to join a growing WNY company. Erie and Niagara offers a competitive salary, excellent benefit package including a Profit Share Bonus Plan, 401-K and Pension Plan.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, evaluating risks, determining the appropriate levels and terms of accepting risks, preparing policies for issuance, review policy endorsements, cancellations, renewals and promoting agent relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years property/casualty coverage experience required
- Demonstrated product knowledge
- Proficient in computer skills, including Microsoft Office products
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Work within a highly-automated environment
Erie and Niagara Insurance Association is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified candidates may submit their confidential resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Human Resources.